Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanksgiving Pies

"Good apple pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness." - Jane Austen

Since the start of the problems I briefly mentioned a few posts back, I've been looking forward to flying home for Thanksgiving more than anything. My family are also going through some troubles of their own, and we're all looking forward to getting together on Thanksgiving day.

I've informed my mother, who is in charge of compiling the menu and figuring out the shopping list, that if we don't have one or both of these pies for dessert, Thanksgiving just won't be complete (yes, I volunteered to do the baking).

Tell me I'm wrong:

image credit: acozykitchen.com

This is the Braided Bourbon Pumpkin Pie from the Cozy Kitchen blog...

image credit: acozykitchen.com


...and this is the Salted Caramel Apple Pie, also from the Cozy Kitchen.

Oh. good. grief.

I'm not sure if choosing one over the other will be possible. But hey, at least it's one of the very few days of the year when a feast cannot be criticized for being too large.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment