Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fiery Cupcakes, Pt. 2

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English." - Winston Churchill

The Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes came out beautifully, and are now one of my favorite recipes.


Guinness-Chocolate concoction

First, I simmered the Guinness in a pot on the stove, and whisked in cocoa powder.


cupcake batter

The Guinness-Chocolate combo was mixed into the flour base, along with sour cream (which makes the cupcakes moist once baked).

cupcakes

Once the cupcakes were baked and cooling, I then made the Jameson's Chocolate Ganache.

Jameson's Ganache

Once mixed, I sat the Ganache aside to cool while I made the Bailey's Buttercream Frosting.


Bailey's Irish Cream-Flavored Frosting

When the cupcakes were cooled, I used an apple core-remover to remove the middles of the cupcakes, took piping bags and first filled the cupcakes with ganache, then topped the cupcakes with the frosting. A little green sugar sprinkled on top made a nice finishing touch.

The finished product

While there is alcohol in these cupcakes, it is very little and is not overpowering.

Slainte!

1 comment: