New Year's Eve and Day are upon us, and my menus for both are simple yet elegant this year.
For New Year's Eve, my family likes to have a spread of appetizers on hand to nibble while waiting for the ball to drop. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Spanakopita wheels
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Serve with little pieces of toast or chips on the side.
- Cheddar Chives Cayenne Biscuits. Serve these with lemon curd on the side as a spread.
- Caramelized Ham Spirals
- Baklava. This has been a New Year's Eve favorite with my family for years. Either make your own, or look for it in the frozen foods section of the super market.
- Boiled Lobster Tails. I would only recommend this to people who live in areas where decently fresh lobster is available (and no, it is NOT supposed to smell fishy! if it does smell fishy, don't eat it!), or where frozen lobster can be obtained. Serve with melted butter or cocktail sauce.
- Hawaiian Meatballs. We've been substituting ground turkey instead of beef in ours lately, and they're really tasty.
Happy New Year's!