Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What Would Lizzie Knit...

"If the knitter is weary, the baby will have no new bonnet" - Irish Proverb

Once again, I find myself drowning in yarn, with only my set of interchangeable needles to keep me from going under. Between the baby pram set I'm making on commission (see my last post for more details), a Christmas present or two, and some long-running projects for myself, my list of projects-in-progress is already groaning, and there are lots more waiting in line to be started. And then I went and stumbled upon this little gem:



Yes, indeed they did. A compendium of knitting projects inspired by the Jane Austen novels, as well as the movies based on the novels. The Chawton mittens, Evening Spencer and Northanger Abbey Hood patterns are among my favorites. A must-have for the Austenite knitter - I just picked up my copy today at the bookstore for US$15. Eventually, once I have more room on my knitting to-do list...

No comments:

Post a Comment