Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - I Thess. 5:16-18



It's Thanksgiving once again, and once again I will be cooking the feast (with a little help from my family now and then). Picking the menu is always a bit of a chore - everyone in the family has one or two dishes that they absolutely have to have on the table. So, here is the finished menu:
  • Turkey in brine. I recommend the Apple Sage mix.
  • Mom's Grand Marnier Chestnut Stuffing (sorry, top secret)
  • Butternut Squash Soup with Cider Cream
  • Gravy and Bread Sauce (the bread sauce is a British thing, from dad's side of the family)
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Mashed Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes
  • Glazed Onions 
  • Parsnip-Pear Puree (be sure to scroll well down the page to get to the recipe)
  • Brussels Sprouts with Apples
And then there's dessert. Last year I made pies for the first time, including apple pie. They were big hits with my family, and are making reappearances this year. In fact, I'm making a "dry run" of the apple pie for my church's Community Sunday meal this weekend.
  • Rum Raisin Apple Pie. Absolutely seals the deal for a memorable Thanksgiving.
  • Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie. A delicious variation on an Autumnal classic.
Good luck to all of the chefs who are in charge of cooking the feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment