Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mediterranean (or Irish) Lace

"I consider lace to be one of the prettiest imitations ever made of the fantasy of nature...I do not think that any invention of the human spirit could have a more graceful or precise origin." - Coco Chanel

When I first started knitting seriously two years ago, I never thought I would want to take up lace knitting. The easier types of lace are all well and good, but the more intricate the pattern becomes (and the thinner the yarn *cough*thread*cough*), the more likely one is to make mistakes and rip their hair out. So, one might conclude along the lines of Cicero, no sane knitter shall knit lace.

Someone call me a Paddy wagon, please...


...and maybe get me a straightjacket...


Again, when I finally get some of my larger knitting projects finished, this will be next.

I can see using this as a head covering with a wedding dress, instead of a veil (and/or wearing it to church when I eventually become a crazy old knitting/cat lady/spinster).

The pattern comes from this book.

Just find me a nice padded cell, give me enough yarn, keep an eye on me to make sure I don't stab someone (or myself) with the knitting needles, and this will be a breeze.

More to come eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment