Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby Boots and Cloche

"A [little] girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head." - Alan Marshall Beck

I made these baby boots and cloche for a friend who is expecting a baby girl. She adores (and looks amazing in) hot pink, which is why I felt compelled to make these in hot pink for her when I found out she was expecting a girl.

These patterns come from two separate websites:

the "Sasquatch" boots
The boots can be found here.

the baby cloche
The pattern for the cloche can be found here.
I made a few changes to the original instructions on the shell edging and made up the flowers on my own.

The boots are knitted, and the hat is crocheted.

*Note: I do NOT recommend making baby items in such an alarming shade as hot pink, unless the mother, unequivocally, looks amazing in the shade, and has a better than good chance of passing on such coloring to her child.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment