Sunday, January 23, 2011

Knitted Christening Gown, Part 1

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." - Unknown

One of my best friends from college got married last summer, and is now expecting a baby. I offered to knit something for her a few months back, and started browsing through this book.


And while I did find many beautiful, wonderful (not to mention fairly easy) knitting projects for babies within its pages, when I landed on the Baby's Heirloom Christening Dress, a spell was cast. Never mind that it's easily the hardest pattern I've ever attempted and that it's taken a couple of months to get near the end of the first panel - There was no choosing anything else.

The photo from the book


close-up of the first panel


The first panel, thus far

The flowers will be embroidered on once it's finished. My deadline is the end of this summer. So far I'm not panicking, but I'm sure that will come in time! More posts will be forthcoming as significant progress is made.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment