I realize that my latest posts have been centered on my dogs, but they're just so cute and I love making things for them. This is the last one for a while now :-)
Every Christmas, my older dog loves to stretch out on his back underneath the Christmas tree, and drift off to sleep with his paws in the air and his snout pointed towards the twinkling, bejeweled evergreen branches. This year, my family and I are hoping to give this slightly indecorous practice of his a seasonal touch. Hence the Christmas dog bed.
I made this using pre-quilted fabric sold by the yard at Jo-Ann's stores. It can be made in any color/theme desired.
You will need:
- about 1 to 2 yards of a pre-quilted fabric at least 48" wide, in the color/theme of your choice
- Embroidery floss in a complementing color (I used red for this, although it doesn't show up very well)
- Sewing thread in a color that matches/complements the fabric
- Sewing needles - one small and one large
- Microfiber filling (or pillow stuffing)
Once finished, give to a favorite furry friend.
|Waiting for Santa Claws :-)|