Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Panettone Bread

"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." - Mother Teresa

I made Panettone bread for the first time, and it is the most beautiful looking and smelling bread I've ever seen.
Here are some photos from the baking process:

The "sponge," made the day before

The dough, with raisins, candied chestnuts and candied orange and lemon peel

The loaves in their molds, before baking

One of the loaves after baking

The recipe I used can be found here. The only thing I did differently was to add 1 1/2 cups of chopped Marron Glace (candied chestnuts). I found the molds for the loaves at Sur La Table. Inexperienced bakers may not want to start with this particular bread, as it can be tricky to master.

My family and I always eat slices of Panettone, toasted and buttered, with sausage, orange juice and coffee for breakfast on Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment