Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome to Peggotty's corner!

Welcome to my new blog, Peggotty's Corner! I graduated from college with a B.A. in English last year, and have spent my time since then teaching literature to young 'uns and sharpening my homemaking skills. Now I've decided to start a blog that incorporates both - literature and homemaking.

I named it after Peggotty, the nurse, housekeeper and friend of the hero in Charles Dickens' novel David Copperfield. While young David is being driven to stay with friends at the seaside, the carriage driver Mr. Barkis eats some of Peggotty's little cakes that she sent along for the journey. After eating one, he asks David to pass on the message to her that "Barkis is willin'", the 19th century carriage-driver equivalent of popping the question :-)

Even though I'm unmarried as yet, and have no idea where I'll end up in the course of my life, it's my intention to become a remarkable homemaker and cook. Keeping a beautiful home and being able to cook devastatingly good food are skills I want to develop and use all my life to bring hospitality to those around me. If you have these interests at heart too, then you're among friends :-)

God bless you, and I hope you find my posts inspirational and helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment